Prevent costly healthcare expenses
The ScopiaRx Solution
The ScopiaRx drug safety database and polypharmacy algorithm was designed with the explicit goal of summarizing safety information for 3 to 20+ medications
Reduce the risk of prescription medications
Did you know …
- 30 million people take 5 or more medications (Polypharmacy)
- 100,000 hospital admissions and 700,000 ER visits (2.5% of all ER visits) per year are from adverse drug events
- Drug side effects are the 5th leading cause of death
- We provide highly personalized safety profiles that consider thousands of FDA-aproved safety warnings to find the few that are important for one patient.
- We provide consistent, up-to-date aftermarket case information about medications after their release to the marketplace.
- We show providers how little risks from taking multiple medications add up to big risks.
ScopiaRx Analytics Discovers
- Serious risks for hospitalization
- Dangerous drug interactions
- Potential for catastrophic events
- Early symptom recognition
- High risk patients who need pharmacy counseling
Depending on the population studied, five to thirty percent of people are at risk of harm from complex interactions involving 2, 3, and sometimes 5 or more medications.
- Excessive sedation
- Serious bleeding
- Liver or kidney damage
- Double threat of high falling and bleeding risk