ScopiaRx for Employers
Employees highly value voluntary benefits that protect against financial loss caused by a severe illness. What if you could offer a benefit to help prevent the illness?
The Polypharmacy Illness
Polypharmacy happens when someone takes 5 or more medications. A Polypharmacy Illness develops when someone experiences a side effect of the medications. It can be severe enough to require hospitalization or result in death. Unfortunately, the Polypharmacy Illness is common.
- 30 million people take 5 or more medications (on polypharmacy)
- 1/3 of hospitalizations of the elderly are related to a side effect
- drug side effects are the 5th leading cause of death
The ScopiaRx Solution
At ScopiaRx we specialize in educating patients and providers about polypharmacy risks. Our proprietary drug safety database and algorithm were designed with the explicit goal of summarizing safety information for 3 to 20 medications.
The ScopiaRx software produces a one-page Caregiver Report with explicit education about
- serious risks
- early symptom recognition
- appropriate follow up with providers
The ScopiaRx Provider Report takes this one step further by summarizing
- The latest FDA safety information to facilitate state of the art care
- Recommendations from the American Geriatrics Society to optimize prescribing for seniors
Helping Employees & Retirees
58% of people over 65 are on polypharmacy and are at 7 times increased risk for a Polypharmacy Illness.
ScopiaRx is designed for them.
Some active employees are on polypharmacy. But many more, 20 million to be exact, are working caregivers who manage the polypharmacy for a loved one.
ScopiaRx is designed for them too
- 70% of them report work-related difficulties
- 37% ultimately quit their job
- they suffer from poorer physical health
- the annual cost to employers may be as high as $33 billion
The Value of ScopiaRx
For a few dollars per month per retiree, the ScopiaRx solution can help providers reduce costly hospitalizations and emergency room visits. For working caregivers, the ScopiaRx solution can help reduce absenteeism and increase productivity by keeping loved ones healthy.